Volunteer at Beyond Literacy to Support Local Literacy and Education
Posted by Beyond Literacy on May 23, 2023
Beyond Literacy, the adult learning center at 211 N. 13th St, is in need of volunteers. The center offers basic high school courses, English for Speakers of Other Languages, financial literacy, citizen prep, high school equivalency prep, workplace skills, and computer literacy. Volunteers are needed for a variety of onsite or remote positions to teach, facilitate, tutor, schedule, and assist.
Help Change Lives Through Literacy
Our learners are waiting for you! You don’t need prior teaching experience, only your enthusiasm, patience, and compassion.
As a Beyond Literacy (BeLit) volunteer, you can expect to:
- Attend a free two-part training prior to volunteering
- Commit to working with us for at least 6 months
- Receive full support from a staff member assigned to you
- Have opportunities for coaching and additional training
- Have your choice of in-person or remote volunteer opportunities
- Receive recognition and invitations to our special events throughout the year
- Make a difference in someone’s life!
Details and contact info here.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- FarmerJawn Call for Volunteers: Ongoing Opportunities in Various Locations
- Volunteer Interns, Boost Community Development Corporation
- Volunteer at Beyond Literacy to Support Local Literacy and Education
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.