VISTA Program Coordinator, SERVE Philadelphia
Posted by City of Philadelphia on October 31, 2016
SERVE Philadelphia VISTA Program Coordinator
With a workforce of over 30,000 people, and opportunities in more than 1,000 different job categories, the City of Philadelphia is the fifth largest city in the United States and one of the largest employers in Southeastern Pennsylvania. As an employer, the City of Philadelphia operates through the guiding principles of service, integrity, respect, accountability, collaboration, diversity and inclusion. Through these principles, we strive to effectively deliver services, to resolve the challenges facing our city, and to make Philadelphia a place where all of our residents have the opportunity to reach their potential.
The Office of Civic Engagement and Volunteer Service is committed to investing in people to increase community engagement. We do this by building relationships, soliciting input, providing information, connecting community residents to resources and supporting the process to strengthen communities across Philadelphia.
The SERVE Philadelphia VISTA Program is an initiative of the Office of Civic Engagement and Volunteer Service in the Managing Director’s Office for the City of Philadelphia. The VISTA program supports AmeriCorps VISTA members placed in various departments throughout City government. Additionally, the program acts at the intermediary between the City departments where VISTAs are placed, and the federal grantor, the Corporation for National and Community Service. The Program Coordinator will run the daily operations of the program with supervision of the Deputy Service Officer for Civic Engagement and the support of the SERVE VISTA Leader.
The duties of the VISTA Program Coordinator include:
- Assist in the administration of the SERVE Philadelphia VISTA Program
- Conduct regular site visits with VISTA supervisors
- Develop and manage an outreach plan for recruiting new VISTAs
- Manage the logistics of recruitment and onboarding for all incoming VISTA members
- Support the VISTA leader in conducting orientations for incoming VISTA members
- Collaborate with the SERVE team to host a supervisor training for City departments who host VISTA members
- Work with the VISTA leader to host monthly meetings and provide professional development to the Corps
- Actively participate in process improvement sessions for the SERVE Philadelphia VISTA Program to continuously advance program operations
- Compile and produce quarterly, annual and other reports to the federal grant funder
- Execute general upkeep in compliance with grant requirements and regulations
- Build relationships with city departments who are interested in hosting a VISTA
- Expand the program through relationships, training and innovative tactics
- Provide strategic support to the SERVE Philadelphia VISTA Corps and City departments
- Act as a representative of SERVE Philadelphia on the National Service Task Force
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Career Specialist, Welcoming Center – Mar 12
- Community Program Manager – Mar 25
- Quaker Voluntary Service Fellowship – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.