VISTA, Grant Writing & Fundraising, EducationWorks
Posted by on April 30, 2007
GRANT WRITING & FUNDRAISING
EducationWorks (EW), located in Lawrenceville, New Jersey is pleased to announce the availability of a one-year VISTA position starting in June, 2007. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual interested in supporting students and urban education, while also gaining experience in non-profit capacity building and program expansion. (Lawrenceville is adjacent to Trenton and 30 minutes from downtown Philadelphia.)
Working with the Director of Development, the specific VISTA responsibilities include:
1. Conduct research on potential funders and prepare, at minimum, six proposals, e.g., foundations and corporations
2. Support special fundraising events
3. Develop and coordinate program tours for potential funders, program partners, government representatives and district partners interested in programs and service.
4. Manage service learning projects involving students and community members on Martin Luther King Day of Service and National Youth Service Day.
A VISTA Coordinator must be 18 years of age, or older, a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident, and have at minimum, an Associates Degree. We are seeking an individual with excellent writing and outreach/public speaking skills, and who is highly organized. General knowledge of Word and Outlook is necessary. Fundraising or grant writing experience and knowledge of publisher computer software is a plus.
You may apply on-line at, <a href="http://www.educationworks-online.org/EWApplication-new.htm">http://www.educationworks-online.org/EWApplication-new.htm</a> or request an application by calling Tom Sauerman at (609) 392-6662 ext. 110.
Living Allowance and Benefits:
? Monthly living allowance, $921; Health insurance;; Child Care, $400 per month, if eligible; Relocation allowance up to $500, if eligible; Education award of $4725 or cash stipend of $1,200 at the completion of service; Student loan forbearance and one year accrued interest paid on loans.
- Administrative Assistant (Full-Time), Bridge Way School
- Art Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
- PE/Health & Life Skills Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.