Vision for Equity: publication and webinar
New Publication from AAC&U: A Vision for Equity
A Vision for Equity is a critical new resource for higher education professionals working to identify and address disparities in student outcomes. Building on America’s Unmet Promise, which makes the case for the urgent need to expand access to and success in high-quality educational programs for students traditionally underserved in higher education, A Vision for Equity includes case studies from thirteen institutions that participated in the Committing to Equity and Inclusive Excellence project.
The project supported thirteen institutions—including a community college, liberal arts institutions, large research and technical universities, a Hispanic-Serving Institution, and a historically black university—in the design, implementation, and assessment of evidence-based interventions to achieve equity in student learning and success.
A Vision for Equity offers practical examples, models, data, and resources for campuses seeking to provide an equitable education to all students. In the chapters, each campus outlines how they sought to build internal capacity to address inequities in student outcomes and narrow equity gaps through the following objectives:
- increased access to and participation in high-impact practices
- increased completion, retention, and graduation rates for low-income students, first-generation students, adult learners, and minoritized studentsincreased achievement of learning outcomes for underserved students using direct assessment measures, including AAC&U’s Valid Assessment of Learning in Undergraduate Education (VALUE) rubrics
- increased student awareness and understanding of the value of guided learning pathways that incorporate high-impact practices for workforce preparation and engaged citizenship
Order or download a free copy of A Vision for Equity here.
AAC&U will host a live webinar on Thursday, April 19, 2018, at 3:00 p.m. ET outlining findings from A Vision for Equity and featuring presentations from four campus teams. The webinar is free and open to all educators, faculty members, and administrators interested in learning more about campus-based strategies for committing to equity and inclusive excellence. Register here.
A Vision for Equity and AAC&U’s Committing to Equity and Inclusive Excellence project were funded by Strada Education Network and Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation & Affiliates.
More in "New Resources"
- OnTrack to Post-Secondary Education Workshops
- A Little Known HUD Program Could Help Lift Renters Out of Poverty
- Field Center for Children’s Policy, Practice & Research Has Launched Their New Website
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.