Virtual Webinar Series: Preparing for Carnegie – Mar 1
Posted by Collaboratory on March 1, 2022
Our team at Collaboratory invites you to join us for the Launch of our Carnegie Webinar series on Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 2:00 pm, . Carnegie is purposefully a self-study process – and requires a thoughtful audit of your institution’s goals and the work being conducted across campus and beyond. The act of supporting data collection on community engagement is not just a means to an end (reporting / public relations) but is – at its core – an act of institutional change.
- Dr. Emily Janke, National Review Committee Member, Carnegie’s Elective Community Engagement Classification
- Dr. Marisol Morales, Executive Director, Carnegie Elective Classifications Central Office
- An overview of the Elective Classification for Community Engagement, including what has changed since the last cycle
- Motivations for and benefits of applying
- Assessing campus readiness for both first-time and re-classification efforts
This webinar is open to the public and there is no cost to register. If you are unable to attend, register and we will email you an on-demand video recording of the webinar following the session that you can watch whenever you want.
About the Series
This webinar officially kicks off Collaboratory’s Carnegie Series, which we have created to break down institutional silos and to provide freely accessible resources for dialogue and support. Join us each month as we introduce the 2024 Carnegie Elective Classification for Community Engagement and address a new section of the application, sequentially following the Carnegie framework. Whether applying for the first time or seeking reclassification, we will dive deeply into each question, examining the ways institutions are leveraging their data, spotlighting on-the-ground use cases, and exploring how to discover other data sources across campus.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities Virtual Open House – Feb 9
- School Museums of Service and Service-Learning Visioning Session – Feb 16
- Youth Development Workforce Survey
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.