Virtual Training: Social Identity, Power, & Empowerment: Empowering Youth Using Mentoring Strategies – Sep 22
Posted by MENTOR Independence Region on August 30, 2022
Join MENTOR Independence Region for a free virtual training, Social Identity, Power, & Empowerment: Empowering Youth Using Mentoring Strategies on September 22, 12:00-1:30 PM! Mentors are uniquely positioned to help young people develop positive identities, a sense of belonging, and connectedness to their communities when we understand our power and privilege and how they impact our mentoring relationships.
In this virtual training participants will:
- Explore their own social identities
- Examine mentoring relationship power dynamics
- Explore strategies to empower their protégés
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Documentary Screening: A Hope that Lights the Way – Oct 6
- In Good Taste: An Introduction to Food Design – Oct 7
- Read by 4th Virtual Lunch & Learn: Teach For America’s High Dosage Tutoring Initiative – Nov 8
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.