Virtual Town Hall on the Better Care Better Jobs Act – Jul 28
Posted by PA Health Access Network on July 27, 2021
Congress is currently debating what will be included in the upcoming infrastructure package, part of which is the Better Care Better Jobs Act.
One critical piece of this legislation is increased funding for services, like home health aides, that help seniors and people with disabilities live with dignity in their homes and communities, called home- and community- based services. This new funding would be a much-needed investment in both families and their caregivers, and it’s up to us to make sure to put pressure on elected officials to ensure these services get the full funding they deserve.
Join the PA Health Access Network (PHAN) & Senator Bob Casey, who is leading efforts in the Senate to pass the Better Care Better Jobs Act, for a Virtual Town Hall on Wednesday, July 28th at 5:00 pm to:
- Learn more about the Better Care Better Jobs Act,
- Hear directly from people who rely on these services and their caregivers,
- Get your questions answered, and
- Find out how to take action to ensure these services are fully funded.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Webinar: Free Library of Philadelphia Device Lending & Other Resources – Dec 14
- Webinar for Educators: Understanding Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) – Dec 15
- PA Forward Student Loan Program Webinar Events – Dec 7,9,14,16
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.