Virtual School Leader Workshop: Understanding the Nuances of Microaggressions, Part 2 – Nov 9
The Center for Black Educator Development (CBED) Professional Learning Team is offering a series of free workshops to school leaders and teachers grounded in cultural proficiency competencies and pursuits. The virtual two-hour workshops are limited to 60 participants. Reserve your spot today!
Understanding the Nuances of Microaggressions, Part 2, November 9; 6 – 8 p.m. EST.
The objectives of the workshop are:
(1) Identify the short and long term impact of microaggressions on staff, students, and families.
(2) Examine best practices for creating learning communities and spaces that are inclusive.
(3) Practice countering deficit-based and invalidating behavior in themselves and others by
engaging in affirming practices including: naming, rejecting, interrupting and addressing
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Virtual Event: Understanding Financial Aid Offers – Feb 1
- 31st Annual African American Children’s Book Fair – Feb 11
- Rutgers-Camden Black History Month Events – Feb 1,2,9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.