Virtual Roundtable: Hiring for Diversity: A Primer for Department Chairs – Aug 4
Posted by The Chronicle on July 20, 2021
For years, institutions have made commitments to diversify their faculties, but in many cases they have fallen short of their promises. As student diversity continues to grow — 46 percent of undergraduates in 2018 were students of color — colleges are under pressure to have faculties that more closely resemble their student bodies.
Join us on August 4, at 2:30 p.m., ET for a 75-minute session to explore the complex undertaking of increasing diversity in faculty ranks, and how it requires an assessment and restructuring of the hiring process at your institution.
You will learn:
- Ways to break down and eliminate barriers to hiring diverse faculty members.
- Strategies for ensuring diverse faculty members have the resources and support they need to thrive.
- How other institutions have made progress in their efforts to increase faculty diversity.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- 2024 Collective Success Network STEM Career Exploration Program – Dec 15
- Virtual Conversation: Aligning BDEI with Civic and Community Engagement Functions in Higher Education – Dec 12
- 2023 Teach Plus Philadelphia Affinity Group Network Participant Interest Form
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.