Virtual Journalist Classroom Visit Opportunities for Hispanic Heritage Month
Posted by Pulitzer Center on September 20, 2022
About the Virtual Journalist Visit Program
The Pulitzer Center offers free virtual journalist visits to K-12 schools worldwide. We have worked with more than a thousand journalists over the years, covering diverse topics and geographic regions, and we will match you with a journalist based on your request. We use many different platforms to connect, including Zoom, Google Meet, and Teams, and will work with you to identify the best technology for your learners. Virtual journalist visits are a great way to help students:
- Understand how what they’re studying affects people’s lives
- Learn how research, writing, critical thinking, multimedia, and more skills are used in journalism
- Practice preparing and asking questions of an expert
- Get excited about using the news to learn about the world
- And much more!
In celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, we are featuring several journalists who have reported on relevant topics, and who would love to visit your classroom!
Learn more and take a look at our featured guest speakers. This opportunity is open to classroom and afterschool educators, as well as educators working with students in carceral facilities.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- HUD + Higher Ed Engagement Network
- Introducing the 2022–23 Philadelphia Youth Poet Laureate
- Seeking Advisory Board Members, Partners for Campus-Community Engagement
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.