Virtual Event: Where Does Education Reform Go From Here? – Nov 15
Posted by Schools That Can on November 8, 2022
Following years of virtual schooling for students, severe understaffing and overwork for teachers, and cataclysmic changes to education as we know it brought on the pandemic, where do we go from here?
Teachers have innovated. Students have persevered. Education leaders have pushed for policies to build a better future that demands more emphasis on social-emotional learning, career readiness, and changes to schools, the workforce, and life beyond it.
But what now?
Three icons of education reform join Schools That Can to answer a groundbreaking question: what’s the future of education reform?
- John B. King Jr., President of The Education Trust & Former U.S. Secretary of Education
- Norman Atkins, CEO, Together Education; Founder/Former CEO/Board Chair, Uncommon Schools
- Dr. David Steiner, Former NY State Commissioner of Education, Executive Director, Johns Hopkins Institute for Education Policy.
Date and Time: Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 4:00-5:00 PM
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Nominate a Student to Enter the The I Am Philly Contest – Apr 14
- Teaching in Higher Education Certificate for Teachers and Professionals
- Webinar: Re-Envisioning Publicly Engaged Scholarship in Promotion and Tenure – Feb 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.