Virtual Event: International Service-Learning Forum – Nov 10
Posted by National Youth Leadership Council on November 8, 2022
The International Service-Learning Forum is designed to be an interactive learning experience for both experienced practitioners and those new to service-learning. The workshops will offer insights on specific best practices, provide new tools, lessons learned from global practitioners, student demonstration of their learning and more.
Who should attend?
Teachers, educators, HE faculty, afterschool professionals who are looking for effective ways to incorporate service-learning experiences in their curriculum and programs. Administrators and instructional leaders who are responsible for ensuring that students gain critical skills to participate as an informed and engaged global citizen. National service volunteers who support educators in implementing service-learning experiences for students. And, young people who are passionate about taking meaningful action in their schools and communities.
Subject areas will include:
- Service-learning leadership and strategy
- Teaching, learning, curriculum design and assessment
- Equity in service-learning practice
- Getting started in service-learning
- Importance and effectiveness of service-learning in a time of worldwide turmoil
Date and Time: November 10, 2022, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM CDT
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Nominate a Student to Enter the The I Am Philly Contest – Apr 14
- Teaching in Higher Education Certificate for Teachers and Professionals
- Webinar: Re-Envisioning Publicly Engaged Scholarship in Promotion and Tenure – Feb 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.