Virtual Event: Exploring the Anchor Economy – Dec 14
Posted by Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia on November 23, 2021
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is pleased to invite you to Exploring the Anchor Economy, a virtual event exploring the impacts of higher education and healthcare on local and regional economies.
Higher education and hospitals — so-called eds and meds — form a distinct sector of regional economies. Anchored to place, these institutions often serve as both major employers and real estate developers, as well as broad consumers of local goods and services. The financial health of many local communities is often directly tied to the success of eds and meds in the region.
Join us as we discuss key aspects of anchors’ role in regional economies, including driving economic growth, community development, and stabilizing rural communities. Three experts will present their insights and add to a discussion focused on:
- Economic Growth: Do regions with a high concentration of higher eds demonstrate different educational attainment outcomes?
- Community Development: How do anchors collaborate on community development and what difference does it make when they do?
- Stabilizing Rural Communities: What are the economic consequences of rural hospital closures?
Date and Time: Tuesday, December 14, 3:00-4:30 PM
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Webinar: Free Library of Philadelphia Device Lending & Other Resources – Dec 14
- Webinar for Educators: Understanding Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) – Dec 15
- PA Forward Student Loan Program Webinar Events – Dec 7,9,14,16
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.