Victim Advocate, Victim/Witness Services of South Philadelphia
Posted by on December 04, 2011
Victim/Witness Services of South Philadelphia
A small non-profit community-based agency is seeking an advocate for victims and witnesses of crime in South Philadelphia.
• Staff preliminary hearings providing support services to victims i.e. support counseling, orientation to the criminal justice system, restitution, assistance with intimidation etc.
• Provide follow-up support services to victims after court, including emergency services referrals, support counseling and trial accompaniment
• Assist victims in filing Crime Victim Compensation claims
• Advocate for the needs of victims with medical providers, creditors, employers and various social service agencies
• Work with the Police Department and the District Attorney’s office
• Offer home visiting for victims unable to come into the office
• Keep comprehensive statistics on all of the above services
• Assist the Executive Director on other projects as needed
• Minimum high school diploma, college degree strongly preferred
• Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
• Enjoy working in a diverse community
• Organized and detail oriented
• Energetic and enthusiastic
• Able to work independently
• Able to work collaboratively
• Computer skills–Microsoft Office
• Equal Opportunity Employer
• Salary range: High 20’s
E-mail to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Alison Sprague, M.S.S.
Victim/Witness Services of South Philadelphia, Inc.
1426 S. 12th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19147
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Manager, Dow Corporate Volunteer Program, LaSalle Nonprofit Center – Jul 24
- Communications Director, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Jun 26
- Adult Learning Lead Instructor, Project HOME
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.