Vice President, Resource and Business Development, People’s Emergency Center
Posted by on September 03, 2012
PEOPLE’S EMERGENCY CENTER
Nurturing Families, Strengthening Neighborhoods, Driving Change.
Vice President, Resource and Business Development
PEC was founded in 1972 to serve homeless families through a continuum of care that begins in emergency shelter housing, moves to transitional housing and culminates with permanent supportive housing. In support of this mission, PEC owns and manages a range of program related assets.
Bachelor’s Degree with five to seven years of relevant work experience, CFRE a plus.
Excellent, diverse, and persuasive writing skills, a must.
Strong analytical ability.
Superior team leadership skills.
The Vice President, Resource Development and Marketing is responsible for ensuring PEC meets or exceeds its fundraising and marketing objectives each fiscal year and for maximizing the productive of the team charged with executing on those objectives.
Grant Writing and Grants Management
· Set PEC up to succeed at securing large, national, transformational grants in support of its programming and strategic business objectives.
· Serve as lead author of key government and foundation grants.
· Work collaboratively with program and finance staff to monitor progress towards goals and ensure compliance with grant deliverables (reports, target numbers, etc.).
· Develop and sustain relationships with foundation staff, corporate executives and government officials.
Donor Development and Moves Management
· Lead Board and President & CEO in efforts to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major individual gifts (currently considered $1,000+ at PEC).
· Develop and implement new vehicles for donor engagement and giving, including giving societies, alumni clubs, affinity groups, naming opportunities, etc.
· Develop moves management strategy for PEC’s donor base
· Build and utilize a dashboard (or other analytics) for measuring fundraising success, along with progress against goals.
· Identify and manage lists of current and prospective corporate contributors. With the President & CEO, plan and implement targeted campaigns to recruit new corporate givers.
Direct Mail and Email Appeals
· Consistent with development schedule, plan and produce direct mail and email appeals to donor prospects.
· Oversee mailing list acquisition and management.
· Evaluate campaign success and produce reports and analytics for consideration by Board.
· Maintain stewardship contacts with donors.
· Produce and deliver timely donor acknowledgement letters and plan additional donor stewardship to be conducted by President & CEO and/or Board.
· Spearhead planning and execution of PEC special events (whether for fundraising, press, volunteer, etc.), including PEC’s Kentucky Derby benefit, volunteer recognition event, ribbon cuttings and donor recognition.
· Ensure all events are carried out within the framework of the annual fundraising plan.
Marketing and Public Relations
· Primary responsibility for all media attention to PEC, including developing relationships with media staff, writing and distributing press releases, making decisions about press-worthy events in concert with President & CEO.
· Development and overall supervision of all PEC collateral, including brochure, stationery, note cards, etc., with overall goal of maintaining PEC’s brand recognition and integrity.
· Maintain organization-wide calendar of events and activities that target donors, Board, staff, community and clients.
· Oversee the timely production of PEC’s quarterly newsletters. Ensure distribution to all donors and donor prospects.
· Oversee the production of PEC’s annual report.
· Oversee PEC’s utilization of its website and social media for donor engagement and cultivation, as well as for external communications to potential clients.
Administration and Management
· Work with President & CEO and Board committee to develop and implement annual fund development and marketing plans in support of PEC’s strategic plan.
· Maintain and utilize Raiser’s Edge database system for tracking grants, gifts and donor (cash and in-kind) data.
· Prepare regular income and revenue projection reports and develop annual fund development and marketing budgets.
· Work with the President & CEO to provide the Board, staff and volunteers with professional development opportunities and training on cultivation and solicitation techniques.
People’s Emergency Center provides a generous benefits package, which includes group health insurance, vacation, personal and sick benefit time, flexible benefits plan, pension plan, disability and life insurance.
Commensurate with experience.
For immediate consideration for this position, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com or fax resume to T. McCain at 215-689-0116. Visit our “Careers @ PEC” web page on our website, http://www.pec-cares.org. EOE/M/F/D/V
- Career Specialist, Welcoming Center – Mar 12
- Community Program Manager – Mar 25
- Quaker Voluntary Service Fellowship – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.