Vice President of Development and Communications, Project HOME
Posted by Project H.O.M.E. on July 18, 2016
Vice President of Development and Communications
Location: Project HOME – 1515 Fairmount Street
Project HOME – A Great Place to Work and Make A Difference!
The mission of Project HOME is to empower adults, children, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization.
Project HOME is committed to social and political advocacy. An integral part of our work is education about the realities of homelessness and poverty and vigorous advocacy on behalf of and with homeless and low-income persons for more just and humane public policies. We nurture a spirit of community among persons from all walks of life, all of whom have a role to play in making this a more just and compassionate society.
Project HOME offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance; tax deferred 401(k) savings plan with employer contribution, flexible spending accounts, generous paid time off including paid vacation, sick, and sabbatical.
Vice President of Development & Communications
Project HOME is currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Vice President of Development and Communications. In partnership with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees, the Vice President will drive all fundraising efforts (institutional, individual, major gifts and special events) to meet annual revenue and capital campaign goals. He/she will need to create and implement a comprehensive plan to meet these goals and build the marketing and communications function to support them. As a member of Project HOME’s Executive Management Team, the Vice President will also be involved in the strategic planning process and other strategic decisions for the entire organization.
Qualified Candidates Must Have:
- At least 10 years of fundraising and development experience in a leadership position with a track record of success in a fast-paced nonprofit environment;
- At least 5 years of experience managing or participating in a formal Major Donor Program – including knowledge of Major Donor Program Best Practices (i.e., Moves Management) and Raiser’s Edge;
- Strong background managing all aspects of fundraising including high net worth individuals, foundation and corporate relations, grants management and special events – with a strong results-orientation;
- Experience creating budgets and forecasting revenue;
- Experience leading a capital campaign;
- Experience managing and supervising a development team with a focus on professional development;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences;
- Experience in use of social networking (i.e., Twitter, Facebook) and technology (i.e., website) to communicate with donors, potential allies, and others;
- Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision and values of Project HOME;
- Flexibility and creative approaches to challenges and opportunities;
- Experience with media relations and public relations;
- Experience managing volunteers preferred;
- Graduate degree preferred; Bachelor’s required.
Location: Project HOME’s Headquarters at 1515 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19130
Schedule: M-F 9 AM – 5 PM or as responsibilities require
- Afterschool Group Leaders, Martha Washington School
- Education Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Oct 20
- STEM Workforce Development Manager, McKinney Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.