VeloLingo Ride & Class Support, Bicycle Coalition – Apr 31
Posted by Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia on April 12, 2022
Through VeloLingo, the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia (BCGP) will engage and mobilize immigrant, refugee, and underrepresented communities throughout Greater Philadelphia and South Jersey around safe biking. BCGP will partner with 10+ immigrant and refugee-serving organizations to conduct bicycle education outreach in the region’s 5 critical languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Russian and French) as well as bicycle education classes in Spanish to 150+ participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist in implementing an outreach program to engage and mobilize immigrant, refugee, and underrepresented communities throughout Greater Philadelphia and South Jersey around safe biking.
This includes: The VeloLingo Class and Ride Support role will support bike rides and learn-to-ride classes; help with helmet fitting, ride support, basic urban biking information for classes offered in Spanish in partnership with organizations serving immigrants and refugees.
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A commitment to the Bicycle Coalition’s mission: to make bicycling safe and fun for anyonewho wants to ride in the Philadelphia region.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all ages, abilities, cultural groups, economic status, or sexual orientation and present information to and engage large groups with humor and enthusiasm.
- Ability to be persistent, professional, and creative when completing outreach.
- Willingness to travel to the Greater Philadelphia area, including Jersey and the surrounding Philadelphia area counties.
- Commitment to following traffic safety laws and using all appropriate safety gear, including helmets, reflective material, etc.
- Must be willing to lift upwards of 30 lbs.
- Individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, or as a Person of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
- Drivers License and vehicle a plus to help transport materials
- Confident bicyclists and sociable people who love to engage with people from all walks of life.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 31, 2022
JOB TYPE: Temporary/ Seasonal: May 23 – October
COMPENSATION: $17/hour, 8-12 hours/month May-October (working outdoors, mostly weekends, occasional weekday afternoon/evening)
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and:
- An up-to-date resume
- An Email explaining why you are interested in working at BCGP and what makes you a good fit for this role. Be sure to relay your story in addition to your professional attributes.
- References and clearances will be requested as the hiring process proceeds.
- Email subject should read: “[last name] Velolingo Ride & Class Support application”.
We thank all applicants; we will contact only those selected for an interview.
The Bicycle Coalition is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex, or age.
- Cultural Health Navigator – Male Engagement, AFAHO – Feb 13
- Youth EduSoccer Coach, Safe-Hub
- Project Director, Advancing Equity Through Public Safety – Feb 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.