Vaccine Equity Project Manager (Consultant/Contractor), AFAHO – Jan 28
Posted by African Family Health Organization on January 18, 2022
The African Family Health Organization (AFAHO) provides health, human and educational services and programs to the African and Caribbean immigrant and refugee communities in the greater Philadelphia area. These services include a variety health education, case management, and psychosocial wellness programs which are available to the community regardless of age, nationality, language ability, or legal status.
To address vaccine inequity in the African and Caribbean immigrant and refugee (ACIR) populations of greater Philadelphia, AFAHO is seeking a project manager (consultant) to lead a new initiative to implement a multi–level campaign to address the root causes of vaccine hesitancy and improve vaccine uptake among the target population. Our three–pronged approach will include:
- Expanding peer–to–peer outreach done by our Cultural Health Navigators – Increase direct outreach, targeting the places and events that serve as community hubs; phone banking with the call lists that we have; reducing the barriers to vaccination by pairing outreach at community events with pop–up vaccination clinic, etc.
- Creating a peer–to–peer social media campaign, turning trusted community members into vaccine ambassadors – We will continue to grow our language–specific WhatsApp networks as a critical channel to reach our community with culturally and linguistically appropriate resources from trusted community members; work with the sole source media strategies vendor identified in the RFP to develop a toolkit to empower these trusted sources to become vaccine ambassadors. The toolkit will include suggested messaging, strategies, and resources, as well as culturally and linguistically relevant visual assets. We will also create linguistically diverse weekly content for TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook countering specific misinformation and topics that our Health Navigators flag as being of concern within the community.
- Launching a narrative–driven media campaign on African and Caribbean radio stations, magazines, other print media etc. – Partner with local artists and writers to develop a series of skits addressing vaccine hesitancy that will air on community radio stations that have wide audiences in the ACIR communities in greater Philadelphia.
Taken together, this three–pronged approach that leverages the voices of people who hold trusted positions in the community, reaching people in their languages and through their channels, will address ongoing vaccine hesitancy, increase the number of people who get the vaccine, and open up important new conversations about the need to vaccinate children ages 5 and older.
TO APPLY: Send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: January 28, 2022
- Assistant Group Supervisor Aide Seasonal Summer 2022 (Full-Time Temporary)
- Gaudenzia Job Fair, Wilmington, DE – Jun 2
- Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling Program Coordinator – Jun 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.