US2020 VISTAs, City of Philadelphia
Posted by SERVE Philadelphia on May 19, 2014
SERVE Philadelphia is recruiting 2 US2020 VISTAs!
Become a founding US2020 VISTA in the City of Philadelphia! Help the Mayor’s Office of Education and our partners build a movement of STEM mentoring designed to increase access and interest in STEM careers among youth living in low-income communities.
The Mayor’s Office of Education is recruiting a pair of VISTAs who will work as a team to:
(1) Engage Philadelphia’s US2020 Coalition in building the capacity of partner organizations to support an increase in quantity and quality of STEM mentorship initiatives across the city. Key partners in this work include Philadelphia Parks and Recreation, the School District of Philadelphia, the City’s Office of Innovation and Technology, SPARK Philadelphia and the Philadelphia Youth Network. VISTAs will be responsible to coordinate the development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of 1-3 pilot initiatives with an eye towards identifying best practices that could be taken to scale beyond year 1.
(2) Develop and pilot a “STEM Mentoring Platform & Resource Center”. This integrated online system will recruit, refer and match mentors to youth, and build the capacity and capabilities of STEM professionals to become high-impact mentors. The VISTAs will work with STEM professionals to develop high-quality resources, training and professional development opportunities that will be made available through the on-line platform.
US2020 VISTAs in Philadelphia will be part of the 25-member “SERVE Philadelphia VISTA Corps” and, as such, will receive ongoing support, training, professional development and opportunities for networking and collaboration.
- Associate Director (2 Positions), Civic House, UPenn – Jun 5
- Associate Director, Workforce & Economic Impact, Drexel – May 29
- Executive Director, ArtWell – Jun 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.