Urban Agriculture and Food Systems Convening – March 21-22, 2019
Posted by Rutgers Camden on March 12, 2019
Rutgers University’s URBAN AGRICULTURE & FOOD SYSTEMS CONVENING, March 21-22, 2019, is a two-day event exploring the promise of urban agriculture for positive social change and environmental sustainability in New Jersey and beyond!
The convening features three main events:
- Urban Farmers Market Conference
- Common Roots: Urban Agriculture and Economic Development: Graduate Student Conference on State and Local Economic Development Policy (SLED)
- Ag in the City Conference
All events are open to the public and will be held in the Campus Center on the main campus of Rutgers University in Camden, New Jersey.
For those of you traveling to Camden from afar, we have reserved a block of discounted hotel rooms at the Holiday Inn Express-Midtown in Philadelphia, with easy access to public transportation right to the Rutgers–Camden campus.
We have great lunchtime keynote speakers on both days, and will host the “Undesign the Redline” exhibit and dialogue on Thursday. Preliminary agendas are available below.
Please pre-register by March 13, 2019! Register here
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- December Master Class: My Beautiful Black Hair – Dec 8
- Virtual Conversation: We Voted…Now What? Humane Life Together After Midterm Elections and Beyond – Dec 5
- Virtual Series on Racism and Aging: As the World Turns: Stories of Transformation – Dec 7
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.