Posted by Starbucks Foundation on October 30, 2017
This month, in honor of the second season of “Upstanders,” The Starbucks Foundation launched the “Upstanders Challenge” — a contest to celebrate nonprofits that are making a difference in their communities. The Foundation will award twenty five $25,000 grants to eligible nonprofits. It’s easy to nominate your organization. The contest ends Tuesday, October 31 at 11:59 p.m. PT and winners will be announced by November 30, 2017.
Upstanders Challenge Overview
In honor of Upstanders Season 2, the Starbucks Foundation is launching the “Upstanders Challenge” to celebrate charities that are making a difference in their communities. The Foundation will award twenty-five (25) $25,000 grants to eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in the US.
How to participate
- Create a short video that explains what makes your favorite charity an “Upstander.” Be sure to say the name of the charity you are nominating and how it creates positive change in your community. Videos should be 2 minutes or less and do not need to be highly produced – shooting them on your phone is great. But be creative!
- Upload your video to this challenge page. Be sure to follow the instructions during the upload process to properly select your charity. You will receive an email from Indi when your video has been approved for posting, which could take up to 24 hours.
- Start generating “Buzz” across social media and tell your followers you’ve entered your favorite charity in a contest.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: AmeriCorps NCCC: A to Z – Jul 12
- White House Announces Launch of National Partnership for Student Success
- Webinar: Success Beyond Completion: How Can We Best Measure Student Outcomes? – Jul 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.