UPenn Summer Research in Women’s Health
Posted by University of Pennsylvania Hospital on March 21, 2023
The UPenn Summer Research in Women’s Health is a full time, residential program geared to increase representation among ObGyn physicians. We aim to provide an enrichment experience for undergraduate (or recently graduated) scholars planning on applying to medical school, with sights set on becoming ObGyn physicians.
Under the leadership of University of Pennsylvania Hospital ObGyn Department Vice Chair for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Dr. Abike James, and Patients R Waiting, Inc, a nonprofit dedicated to eliminating health disparities by increasing diversity in medicine, this program was designed for students from racial and ethnic backgrounds historically excluded from the medical field.
- June 12th, 2023- August 4th, 2023 (8 weeks)
- Housing Provided (University of Pennsylvania student housing)
- $3,500 Stipend (in 2 payments)
- Monday – Friday, with some evening and weekend activities
- Weekly didactics
- Clinical Shadowing
- Work closely with a research mentor within ObGyn Department
- Each participant will present their summer research at the culminating Research Expo on August 3rd, 2022
***This donor funded program is for students from racial and ethnic backgrounds historically excluded from the medical field***
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Celebrate 35 Years of Youth Changing the World on Global Youth Service Day 2023 – Apr 28-30
- VIISTA — VILLANOVA INTERDISCIPLINARY IMMIGRATION STUDIES TRAINING FOR ADVOCATES – Apr 14
- Webinar: Being ALL IN at a Hispanic-Serving Institution – Apr11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.