Universal Workforce Facilitator, Esperanza
Posted by Esperanza on October 5, 2021
Esperanza has an immediate opening for a full-time Universal Workforce Facilitator. The Universal Workforce Facilitator designs, delivers and manages the interactive experiential learning activities of the PA CareerLink participants. Esperanza is a faith-based non-profit organization committed to raising awareness and identifying resources that strengthen the Hispanic community.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Design, deliver, and manage interactive experiential learning activities in a classroom environment for participants of Esperanza’s Integrated Pennsylvania CareerLink – North Philadelphia center.
- Monitor and facilitate instruction in the Career Resource Center for WIOA and EARN (TANF) clients, and maintain the Center’s accessibility to community members, including recent immigrants and English Language Learners that would like assistance in professional and life coaching.
- Assist career seekers in developing a Work Readiness Portfolio that includes a resume, sample application, cover letter, thank you letter, reference sheet (professional/personal), and a mock interview evaluation form.
- Report on participant progress and enter detailed case notes into the Commonwealth Workforce Development System.
- Serve as a liaison to other affiliates by connecting clients to external support systems and services based on their individualized needs, personal concerns, or barriers to employment.
- Work closely with program staff to ensure a team approach in providing instruction of work readiness for career seekers.
- Participate in the research of educational materials and equipment for training programs.
- Submit any required case notes and reports on a timely basis.
- Perform any other duties and tasks as required by the division.
- Attend regular staff, unit, team, and individual supervisory meetings.
- Participate in agency activities, quarterly meetings, and committees in order to share information that will promote the purpose and mission of Esperanza.
- Standard working hours will be 8:00am-4:30pm
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include:
- Prior experience with adult education or career counseling.
- Good conversation skills, genial personality, and reputation for providing exceptional service to clientele.
- Ability to motivate participants toward full-time, entry-level employment.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university or any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable by Esperanza.
- Experienced computer user with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Bilingual-English/Spanish preferred.
Esperanza offers competitive pay, professional development, and a comprehensive health benefit program.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com and please indicate Universal Workforce Facilitator in the subject line
- 2022-2023 FoodCorps Service Year
- Manager, Health Programs, AFAHO
- 9th Grade Summer Bridge Science Teacher, Steppingstone Scholars
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.