Unit Director, Developmental Disabilities, Resources for Human Development
Posted by Resources for Human Development on December 1, 2020
Resources for Human Development is seeking to hire a Unit Director for it’s Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities/Autism Division. The Unit Director is responsible for ensuring the maintenance of an environment conducive to the provision of supports for adults supported by the Unit while ensuring adherence to the Pa Chapter 6100 Regulations. Through leadership from the Unit Director, participants with significant behavioral challenges are able to reside in the community and participate in CPS services (Community Participation Support Services). The Director provides guidance for Behavioral Support Services while growing Lifesharing opportunities. The Unit Director is accountable to ensure that the program is managed and held to the highest performance outcomes for the health and safety of persons supported, personnel development and safety, policy development, fiscal management, and funder/community relations. A commitment to the RHD values should be demonstrated as job duties are performed within a trauma informed environment.
- Maintenance of an environment that empowers individuals through the development of skills and coordination of resources and supportive services.
- Conduct an annual evaluation of the overall unit performance and adjust current systems or create new systems as indicated by outcomes.
- Establish a protocol for communication with Unit management team and all staff as well as
- Division leaders. Assess the effectiveness of the established protocol regularly and adjust as needed.
- Work in collaboration with corporate and other internal and external supports to create and evaluate the efficacy of the unit’s services. This is achieved through the collection, measurement and assessment of outcomes driven data.
- Active participation in all aspect of clinical team plan development, implementation and assessment.
- Maintain current knowledge of evidence based practices and implementation practices to adhere to and incorporate all corporate initiatives into the operations of the Unit program.
- Oversee day-to-day program operations and ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Oversee the implementation of behavioral supports and follow-up with consultants.
- Collaborate with Regional IDD Division leadership which includes Quality and other Units to write and implement all required plans of correction.
- Maintain open communication with individuals, family members, funding sources, community resources and regulatory agencies.
- Build and maintain effective community relations with local community groups and organizations.
- Attend relevant conferences and meetings specific to PA IDD and pertinent topics to Unit and Division leadership including Quality Assurance.
- Ensure that unit capacity is maintained and respond to potential referrals, developing new sites as indicated.
- Collaborate with other Unit Directors of IDD systems throughout RHD for sharing of best practices and resources
- Participate in employee orientation and training as needed.
- Ensure that trainings are provided and support is accessible and acceptable for staff who may experience compassion fatigue.
- Provide direct supervision to Assistant Directors. Participate in employee supervision and professional development.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all Unit staff. Attend monthly meetings at the sites quarterly at minimum.
- Complete all documentation necessary as related to operations of the program.
- Support quality improvement plans as outlined by Division and PA IDD division leadership.
- Ensure that confidentiality policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintain a fiscally responsible program through ongoing communication and coordination with Assistant Directors, Unit management and Division leaders.
- Develop and monitor the efficacy and quality of systems related to fiscal accounting, tracking and reporting.
- Participate in fiscal audits and review budget with all staff at least semi-annually.
- Implement RHD values and Best Practices across the unit.
- Maintain an on-call administrative status as part of the management team.
- Complete at least 24 hours of in-service training as required by DPW regulations.
- Utilize all required technology to complete reporting requirements and submit necessary data within a timely fashion.
- Represent the Unit in a professional manner and model leadership and boundaries at all times.
Learn more and apply here: http://rhd.balancetrak.com/SLIDDUNTDIS11202002
- Senior Project Manager, Phila. Youth Network
- ReStore Truck Driver, Habitat for Humanity – Oct 29
- Virtual Access Instructor, Let’s Get Ready – Nov 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.