Tutoring Internship, Puentes Hacia el Futuro
Posted by Puentes de Salud on August 29, 2016
Puentes de Salud Tutoring Internship
2016 – 2017
We are excited to announce that we are now accepting tutor interns for Puentes Hacia el Futuro, Puentes de Salud’s Education and Wellness program, for the 2016-2017 school year! You must register by September 9th in order to participate in this semester’s program.
Puentes Hacia el Futuro is predicated upon the well-evidenced fact that education is inextricably tied to the health of individuals and communities. The mission of Puentes Hacia el Futuro is to improve the educational achievement of children in the South Philadelphia Latino immigrant community in order to improve long-term health outcomes, as well as to provide support in the context of extremely limited educational resources.
After-School Tutoring & Mentoring Program (September 19, 2016 – May 4, 2017)
Tutoring sessions pair tutors/mentors in small groups with children K-8.
Location: Sessions are held at Southwark School at 1835 S. 9th St. Philadelphia.
Schedule: 3:15 – 5:30 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
We prefer tutors to participate for an entire academic year, but we are also able to accommodate those who can only commit to one semester at a time. Regardless, tutors must commit to the same day(s) each week for the duration of the semester. Volunteers do not need to speak Spanish to participate.
In order to work with us, please follow these steps by September 9th:
- Please review our Fall 2016 Tutor Intern Agreement carefully to understand your responsibilities as an intern. You will sign this with us during your orientation session.
2) Register with our intern listserv by 9/9: PHF Intern Registration
3) Sign up for an initial check-in meeting with our staff by 9/9: Individual Meeting Sign Up
4) Sign up for the day(s) on which you will tutor by 9/9: PHF Internship Hour Tracking Calendar
5) Sign up for an orientation session by 9/9: PHF Intern Orientation Registration
6) Complete a PA criminal background check and child abuse clearance by 9/26 – both are free and online: PHF Clearances Instructions
Feel free to contact us with any questions at email@example.com. We hope to see you at Puentes soon!
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Call for Volunteers: Katie’s Cupboard
- Seeking Donations and Volunteers: Health and Education Day, Taborfest – Aug 27
- Applications Open for Digital Literacy Mentors, Write Away – Aug 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.