Tree Program Coordinator, Bartram’s Garden – Jan 22
Posted by Bartram’s Garden on January 16, 2024
Since 2012, the Garden has hosted an award-winning, culturally relevant paid youth internship program. Today, the Garden employs approximately 40 local students annually, with youth focusing not only on technical skills like urban agriculture and watershed health but also on personal development in areas such as public speaking, cultural traditions, and team building.
In partnership with PHS (Pennsylvania Horticultural Society), Bartram’s Garden is continuing to foster our youth programming to support a healthy, diverse, and resilient tree canopy in Southwest Philadelphia. Bartram’s Garden is seeking a Tree Program Coordinator to recruit and manage a youth cohort charged with recruiting community tree tenders, educating the community on tree care, as well as tree planting and stewardship.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Recruit and manage cohort of youth interns, and community tree leaders.
- Develop programming and curricula for youth tree crew and collaborate with Youth Education Team to meet additional departmental goals.
- Collaborate with PHS Trees Team, and other community stakeholders to develop a Southwest Philadelphia outreach plan.
- Host and facilitate scheduled volunteer and community outreach events as needed.
- Support the PHS Tree Tender partnership by attending all Tree Program meetings.
- Ensure documentation and compliance with all policies and procedures, including following state mandatory reporter guidelines.
- Support the PHS Trees Team and Bartram’s Development team in compiling quantitative and narrative reports of proposed and completed deliverables, including required grant reporting.
Application deadline: January 22, 2024
- Career Specialist, Welcoming Center – Mar 12
- Community Program Manager – Mar 25
- Quaker Voluntary Service Fellowship – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.