Trauma 101: An Overview of Trauma-Informed Care
Posted by MENTOR Independence Region on February 19, 2018
Join MENTOR Independence Region for a FREE Trauma 101: An Overview of Trauma-Informed Care training by Lakeside Global Institute and post-training discussion on the application of trauma awareness to mentoring relationships. This event is made possible with the generous support of the United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey.
Research shows that 67% of the population has experienced at least one Adverse Childhood Experience. These trauma-based adversities are predictive of a multitude of toxic physical, mental, and social outcomes throughout a person’s lifetime. As a society and as individuals, we need to be better informed and prepared to prevent and address the traumatic impact of childhood adversities. “Children’s exposure to Adverse Childhood Experiences is the greatest unaddressed public health threat of our time.” – Robert W. Block, MD, FAAP, immediate past president of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Thu, March 15, 2018
8:45 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
1709 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Enhance and enrich their knowledge of trauma
- Be introduced to the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study
- Discover the basics of brain growth and the impact of toxic stress
- Understand four components of trauma informed care
- Be inspired by reasons for hope
- Discuss the application of trauma-informed care to mentoring relationships
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Computer Science Ed Week 2023 – Virtual Community Forum – Dec 6
- BUILT TO HEAL: ARCHITECTURE AS AN ENGINE FOR CHANGE – Dec 14
- Business on Board: Training for Nonprofit Board Service
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.