Transforming STEM Higher Education
Transforming STEM Higher Education: Discovery, Innovation, and the Value of Evidence
November 2–4, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Transforming STEM Higher Education Network Conference
Register by October 2, 2017, for the lowest rates.
Higher education’s role in supporting discovery, innovation, and the value of evidence is essential not only to our nation’s global preeminence in science and technology, but also to our ability to address a range of contemporary questions. Increasingly, STEM graduates are called upon to engage with complex, multifaceted challenges—from cybersecurity to economic stability to climate change—and to demonstrate proficiency across disciplinary, language, educational, and societal boundaries.
How can we ensure students acquire the knowledge, aptitude, and agency needed to examine global challenges through inquiry, analysis, and the inclusion of multiple perspectives as requirements for addressing the capacious issues of our time?
AAC&U’s Transforming STEM Higher Education conference will engage attendees with models, best practices, and action steps to advance STEM proficiency for STEM majors and nonmajors alike. Participants will approach these issues collaboratively through nuanced deliberation and problem solving with community members, peers, and practitioners. Conference sessions will address a full range of topics including:
- Undergraduate STEM Teaching and Learning: Contexts, Content, and Relevancy
- Supporting, Rewarding, and Building Capacity of STEM Faculty
- Inclusive Excellence/Broadening Participation in STEM Higher Education
- Assessment and Evidence for High-Quality Undergraduate STEM Learning
- Understanding Effective Strategies for Transforming Institutional Cultures for Undergraduate STEM Reform.
AAC&U invites you to register today and lend your expertise and voice to the conference conversations. We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco.
For more information, call (202) 387-3760, or write to Karen Kalla at email@example.com.
- Call for Proposals: Transforming STEM Higher Education – Jul 11
- Hybrid Nonprofit Management Institute 2022: Bridging the Divide – Sep 13-15
- Submit a Proposal: Transforming Student Support: Best Practices in Collegiate Recovery – Jun 8
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.