Transfer Coordinator, Admissions, Temple University
Posted by Temple University on June 26, 2017
Employing and interpreting established guidelines under general supervision of department management, the Transfer Coordinator actively participates in the process of identification, evaluation and admission of transfer students and others to Temple University. Responsibilities include evaluating transfer student’s coursework from previous institutions as well as from the military and advanced placement testing to determine and document the student’s transferable credits. The Coordinator is also chartered to monitor and maintain the consistency of the overall transfer credit evaluation discipline. In addition, the Transfer Coordinator assists with providing training to Admissions staff and coordinates information exchange between Admissions Office and schools and colleges at Temple. He/she also maintains, updates, and expands the transfer credit data system; participates in both campus and external recruitment activities to include various events such as Open House programs and community college visitations; assists in developing and maintaining new transfer initiatives with community colleges, including Dual Admissions, GenEd-to-GenEd, and curriculum articulation agreements. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of directly related experience including admissions experience in higher education. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Strong knowledge of higher education admission processes as they relate to identifying, and evaluating transfer students.
* Ability to travel and transport Admissions materials to locations that may not be accessible by public transportation.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate recruitment cycle.
* Knowledge of admissions and/or student transfer best practices.
* Exceptional attention to detail.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
* Experience with an admissions system.
* Strong skills in presentation/public speaking to large groups
* Experience with Banner admissions system
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at http://www.temple.edu.
- Enrollment and Partnerships Manager, Let’s Get Ready
- Communications Manager, National Constitution Center
- Digital Media Specialist, National Constitution Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.