Training & Curriculum Manager, PowerCorpsPHL
Posted by EducationWorks on May 28, 2018
EducationWorks engages children and young people by providing high quality educational programs that make the school day whole and reengage disconnected young adults to education and career readiness. Recognizing that each child has unique needs, our staff works directly with community and school leaders to identify challenges and create customized programs that will have the greatest impact. From in-school programs to out-of-school time and AmeriCorps service, youth from six years to adulthood are positively impacted by EducationWorks programming. EducationWorks creates Opportunities for Learning and Skills for Life.
Launched in September 2013, PowerCorpsPHL is a City of Philadelphia AmeriCorps initiative operated in partnership with EducationWorks. PowerCorpsPHL engages disconnected young adults and returning citizens to enter and succeed in career pathways by using service as the strategy to provide career-connected education and paid, work experiences. Working closely with partners in the public and private sector, PowerCorpsPHL members engage in a 12-month phased experience tackling pressing environmental challenges in Philadelphia and developing the skills required to secure meaningful work.
Successful staff and leaders within PowerCorpsPHL embrace their affiliation with AmeriCorps and share a number of common characteristics: commitment to the mission and goals of the program, dedication to their role in achieving those goals, and willingness to work across teams to create and maintain a strong program culture capable of creating opportunity and overcoming challenges.
The Training & Curriculum Manager is responsible for the development, execution, and oversight of the curriculum and training that prepares corps members and supports alumni to succeed in their next steps after PowerCorpsPHL. Reporting to the PowerCorpsPHL Director of Strategic Innovation, the Training & Curriculum Manager will lead collaborative working groups focused on providing the content, experiences, and skill-building opportunities needed to reduce barriers to employment and increase longer-term career success.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Training & Curriculum Manager will:
• Manage and oversee the design process of a career-connected training curriculum for corps members and alumni
• Lead staff working groups to design programmatic components necessary for implementation of the training curriculum
• Manage the logistics and execution of member training days including workshop scheduling, room/space reservations, and coordination of supplies, materials, technology, and meals, if applicable, needed each day
• Facilitate workshops for members and staff
• Develop and manage evaluation processes to gauge the effectiveness of training activities (workshops, badging activities, work experiences)
• Lead all staff in best practices in program design, collaboration, teaching and learning, and workforce development
• Collaborate with the Leadership Team and specific staff teams to inform the implementation of the following critical components of the PowerCorpsPHL model:
o Pre-Service Orientation
o AmeriCorps member training curriculum
o AmeriCorps service delivery
o Alumni preparation and transition
• Support data and evaluation metrics and measurement efforts.
Education & Experience:
• Master’s degree in Education or related field with a minimum of three years experience working with Opportunity Youth and/or similar high risk population, OR
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years experience working with Opportunity Youth and/or similar high risk population
• Ability to establish and foster relationships and to work as a part of a collaborative team
• Minimum two years experience in training, program, and curricula design
• Minimum two years experience in teaching or facilitation
• Minimum of two years experience in workforce development
• Experience leading and managing projects with diverse teams and subject matter experts
• Commitment to the mission of the EducationWorks and PowerCorpsPHL
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Dedication to continuous improvement processes
• Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work as part of a team
• Excellent self-direction and ability to take ownership and drive responsibilities through to completion
• Ability to work independently, solve problems and be flexible
• Willingness and desire to participate in unexpected projects
• Excellent organizational skills
• Flexibility, professional demeanor, ability to respond calmly and positively to rapidly changing situations
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and cross-cultural issues
• Comprehensive computer programming (Microsoft Word and Excel) and data reporting
• Experience with database management and recording/tracking of data
• Comfort with Microsoft Office Suite 365 and Goggle Products (Hangout, , Docs, etc.)
Ability to physically perform the duties required and to work in the environmental conditions required such as
• Traveling to work sites – valid driver’s license and/or access to transportation when necessary
• Maneuvering in an office space-reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, and making phone calls
• Must be able to sit for up to four (4) hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard and mouse and typing
• Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs
Please submit a resume and cover letter to PowerCorpsPHL@educationworks.org with the subject line as “Position Title_Last Name” (ex. Training Manager_Smith).
- Employer Recruitment Consultant
- Development and Special Events Manager, Young Audiences Arts for Learning – Jul 8
- Marketing Manager, Young Audiences Arts for Learning – Jul 8
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.