Train Your Mentors & Mentees Effectively
Posted by Mentoring Partnership & Resource Center on March 6, 2017
Join the Mentoring Partnership & Resource Center for their next training on March 21 Train Your Mentors and Mentees Effectively: What You Need to Know based on the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring, 4th edition.
By the end of this training participants will be able to:
- Explain why training mentors leads to effective and safe mentoring relationships
- Apply adult learning theory and principles of effective training to the design of training sessions
- Design a training system that teaches mentors the knowledge, attitudes, and skills needed to build an effective and safe mentoring relationship within their program context
- Recognize the importance of using culturally appropriate language and tools for training program participants
- Apply the training standard from the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring, 4th edition to program practices
Intended audience: mentoring program staff, leadership, and board members
Tickets are $60.00 per person.
Register here: https://mprctrainingmar17.eventbrite.com
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- PA STEM Coalition Meeting: Environmental Education and Education for Sustainability Panel Discussion – Nov 4
- Collaborating Across the Aisle: Supporting Students As They Transition from High School to College Classroom – Nov 19
- Lunch & Learn on Equity in Our Community – Nov 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.