Tips and Resources from Congresswoman Scanlon
Posted by Congresswoman Mary Gay Scanlon on April 14, 2020
The acts of kindness from our neighbors and the bravery of our essential workers have filled me with hope as we deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
I have been working closely with my colleagues in the House, Governor Wolf, and our incredible public health experts to ensure that every family has the support they need and to bring necessary resources to our region.
I also wanted to share several resources and some reminders you might find useful.
- The best way we can fight this together is by practicing social distancing.
- Stay at home and only leave when you have a critical need.
- Thoroughly wash your hands for 20 seconds and avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and face.
- Governor Wolf released an advisory to wear a mask if you leave your home.
- If you are symptomatic, call your primary care doctor first — if you don’t have one, please call 1-877-PA-HEALTH. If you are having trouble breathing, dial 911.
- Here is a list of mental health resources available in the region during COVID-19.
- For questions regarding unemployment compensation, visit uchelp.org/covid19.
- You can find answers to FAQ regarding the relief package we passed.
- Business owners and state agencies can find resources and help here.
More in "New Resources"
- New Book: Reframing Community Engagement in Higher Education
- Access to free COVID vaccine for uninsured and underinsured Philadelphians
- Poverty Fueled Pandemic Impact on Schools’ Chronic Absenteeism
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.