Thought to Action: Engaging College, Community and Students through Service-Learning Partnerships
Posted by on July 21, 2008
Registration for the 2008 Thought to Action: Engaging College, Community and Students through Service-Learning Partnerships conference on October 24-25, 2008 will open on July 15, 2008 to all interested participants. This conference is co-sponsored by Buffalo State College, New York Campus Compact, and the Western New York Service-Learning Coalition, and will take place on the campus of Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY.
This exciting two-day conference will offer opportunities for participants to:
· network with service-learning faculty and professionals
· learn more about service-learning models
· explore successful campus-community partnerships
Conference keynote speaker Kenneth Reardon – Associate Professor in the Department of City and Regional Planning at Cornell University – will address current trends and impacts of service-learning in higher education as well as new ways of establishing effective partnerships among college, community, and students.
Conference attendance fee:
* $95 per person if you register before September 30, 2008.
· $120 per person after September 30, 2008.
If you are a representative of a community organization with an operating budget of $500,000 or less, you may be eligible for a partial or full scholarship. You can apply for a scholarship during the online registration process.
- Young, Smart, & Local 2023 – Nov 13-15
- National Student Vote Summit – Nov 15-17
- 2023 CUMU Annual Conference: Resilient Campuses. Resilient Cities. – Oct 15-18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.