Technical Instructor – CompTIA A+ , JobWorks Education and Training Systems
Posted by JobWorks on July 10, 2017
Do you want to help entry-level IT professionals build their skills, earn their CompTIA A+ certification, and move forward in their career?
Position and Organization Overview
JobWorks is a premier, nationwide provider of high-impact workforce services, and for more than 30 years has helped individuals develop their capacity, earn marketable certifications, and connect to good-paying jobs in their communities. Our project team emphasizes a creative, collaborative approach, and values the contributions of the entire team.
We are recruiting an experienced instructor to train students in the CompTIA A+ curriculum and help them earn their A+ certification. This contracted, project-based opportunity is located in Center City Philadelphia and requires up to 8 hours of classroom-based training per week with additional hours for one-on-one tutoring and remediation. Experience training entry-level technicians and/or individuals with diverse educational backgrounds is highly preferred.
- CompTIA A+ Certification (required)
- Experience preparing/passing students for the A+ certification
- Training and/or teaching experience
- Experience developing IT curricula
- Hands-on, IT technical support and troubleshooting experience within a corporate setting
- Accommodates students with varying levels of computer experience, education, and learning styles
To submit your resume and cover letter for this opportunity, please click the below link. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Contract
- Training: 3 years
- Technical Support: 3 years
- Required license or certification: CompTIA A+
- Campus Compact Student Design Fellowship – Oct 27
- Special Projects Manager (Remote), Campus Compact
- Student Engagement Coordinator (Remote), Campus Compact
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.