Tech Workshops for Middle School Girls, Grades 5-8, TechGirlz – Sep-Oct
Posted by TechGirlz on August 16, 2022
TechGirlz is a nonprofit program of Creating IT Futures, a 501(c)3 nonprofit of CompTIA, that inspires middle school girls to explore the possibilities of technology to empower their future careers. TechGirlz is accomplishing its mission through the creation of free, fun, interactive “TechShopz” led by industry professionals, community leaders, and students. We share our free workshop curriculum with companies, organizations, schools and community groups so they can inspire girls around the world with technology.
Our vision is to create a world where girls have a lifelong passion and confidence in their use of technology throughout their careers.
Workshops are open to girls in 5th-8th grade. All workshops are free.
- Architecture and Design: Build Your Own 3D House – September 10 (Virtual)
- Designing Mobile Apps – September 10 (Virtual)
- Python Programming – September 15 (Virtual), September 17 (Linfield, PA)
- Artificial Intelligence: How Computers Learn – September 17, October 10 (Virtual)
- Cybersecurity Basics: How to Manage Cyber Risks – October 10 (Virtual)
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- FACT Workshop: Unscripted Project: Improv for Families – Dec 16
- FACT Workshop: An Introduction to Trauma for Parents & Caregivers – Dec 16
- FACT Workshop: Life’s a Game: Navigating Life with Asthma in Mind – Dec 16
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.