Tech Resource: Using Open Source Software
Posted by on March 25, 2005
[posted from Idealist.org]
?Choosing and Using Open Source Software: A Primer for Nonprofits? describes what open source software is and what impact this type of software may have on the nonprofit sector.
* case-studies of nonprofits of various sizes that are using open source software,
* a process for evaluating whether or not open source is right for an organization,
* and useful resources and information.
Written primarily in non-technical language, the Primer is accessible to a wide audience, including nonprofit managers with little hands-on technical expertise.
The link is to a 1.4 megabyte PDF file. If you would rather not download it you can read the whole document online in HTML format at http://www.nosi.net/node/24
More in "New Resources"
- Access to free COVID vaccine for uninsured and underinsured Philadelphians
- Poverty Fueled Pandemic Impact on Schools’ Chronic Absenteeism
- Podcast: How can we cultivate Black teachers?
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.