Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Workshop
Posted by University of Pennsylvania on June 30, 2014
The TESOL Workshop is an intensive three-day, fifteen-hour introduction to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages that is offered during the academic year and the summer at the Graduate School of Education, University of Pennsylvania. Through small, practical, hands-on sessions led by experienced TESOL professionals, participants will learn essential skills for teaching English in US and international contexts. Upon completion of the workshop, participants will receive a certificate.
Section topics include:
- Teaching Sounds and Structures of English
- TESOL Teaching Methods
- Principles of Second Language Acquisition
- Developing Materials for ESL/EFL
- Planning Lessons & Classroom Management
- Language Assessment
- Technology in Language Teaching
- Employment in the TESOL Profession
The next workshop will take place on:
July 18-20, 2014
(For information about workshops offered in 2014-2015, please write to email@example.com in August 2014)
Early Registration fee: $299 (Register by July 11, 2014)
Regular Registration fee: $324 (Register by July 14, 2014)
Please visit our website for more information. Register today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Virtual Event: Fatherhood in Philadelphia – Jun 30
- Fishing Program, LandHealth Institute – Jun 30 – Aug 18
- Workshop: Contracts for Small Businesses & Nonprofits – Jul 21
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.