Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) workshop
Posted by University of Pennsylvania on December 11, 2017
The TESOL Workshop is an intensive three-day, fifteen-hour introduction to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), organized by the Educational Linguistics Division at the University of Pennsylvania’s Graduate School of Education.
We are currently accepting registrations for the January workshop. Please note that Friday sessions are now online, and the workshop is approved for ACT 48 credits. Please help us in forwarding the following information to students or instructors/teachers who might be interested.
Registration Deadline: Friday, January 12th at 5:00pm
The TESOL Workshop is an intensive three-day, fifteen-hour introduction to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages that is offered during the academic year. Through small, practical, hands-on sessions led by experienced TESOL professionals (both in person and online), participants will learn essential skills for teaching English in US and international contexts. Upon completion of the workshop, participants will receive a certificate
Section topics include:
- Teaching Sounds and Structures of English
- TESOL Teaching Methods & Approaches
- Principles of Second Language Acquisition
- Developing Materials for ESL/EFL
- Planning Lessons & Classroom Management
- Language Assessment
- Technology in Language Teaching
- Employment in the TESOL Profession
- Current Topics in Educational Linguistics
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Civic Saturday Philadelphia – Sep 10
- 7th Brothas Stroll: Health Walk for Black Men and Boys in Phila. – Aug 27
- Peace Day Philly Events – Sep 15-21
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.