Teaching Artists, YESPhilly
Posted by YESPhilly on June 9, 2014
YESPhilly is a dynamic accelerated high school and GED program that engages youth who have dropped out of school and helps them transform their lives. Students come to YESPhilly because they want to learn.
YESPhilly is expanding our team and searching for dedicated, energetic, and engaged Teaching Artists to work with our school and GED program instructors. We currently have openings for a half-time staff position at 20 hours/week, and for several “Visiting Artists” to work as co-instructors for a few hours/week.
Our Teaching Artists develop and teach a range of media & arts classes that complement academic instruction. We seek motivated, creative, energetic individuals with familiarity with arts such as Audio Production, Ceramics, Fine Arts, Fashion, Digital Photography, etc. Applicants must also have experience working with urban young adults. Good communication and computer skills required.
General Job Qualifications:
Commitment to the values, mission and goals of the organization, demonstrated through strong personal conviction and prior positive experience working with the student population.
· High degree of energy, flexibility, initiative and creativity.
· Ability to implement/design interactive curriculum activities that attract, engage and develop youth.
· Strong written, oral and organizational skills.
· Should demonstrate expertise working as a professional artist and bring their own tools
· Experience working with young adults in an urban setting.
Compensation & Position Hours: Both position begin on Monday, June 30th and will continue for seven weeks. The part time instructor hours are from 9 am – 3 pm with a maximum of 24 hours/week. The contractor hours are from 12 pm – 3 pm with a maximum of 12 hours/week. Both positions will be paid at $20/hour.
Requirements for the position: Clearances including: PA Child Abuse, Criminal Background Check and FBI Fingerprint Check. YESPhilly will assist in obtaining these clearances. Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Worker, Puentes de Salud
- 2022-2023 Cohort, Community Resource Corps, City of Phila.
- Outreach Coordinator, ASAP/After School Activities Partnerships
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.