Teacher Residency Program Info Sessions, School District of Phila. – Apr 8 & 22
Posted by School District of Philadelphia on March 30, 2021
The School District of Philadelphia is actively recruiting for our Teacher Residency Program for the 2021-22 school year! To date, over 160 passionate and highly qualified teacher residents have joined the residency program to prepare to become full-time District teachers, impacting thousands of Philadelphia students. We believe that the Teacher Residency Program is a great opportunity for aspiring educators, whether fresh out of college or pursuing a new direction in their career, to immerse themselves in a full-year training program that prepares them to enter the classroom.
The District’s Teacher Residency Program:
- Trains residents with a background in Math, Science, English Language Arts, Spanish Language or Special Education to teach in middle and secondary schools.
- Partners with three graduate-level educator preparation programs to support residents on their way to earning their PA Instructional I teaching certification, as well as credits towards a Master’s degree.
- Provides a supportive, hands-on preparatory experience for individuals who are entering the classroom for the first time and have not previously participated in a teacher education program.
Our website presents an overview of the 2021-22 Teacher Residency Program, residency partners, events and more. We invite you to learn more about the Teacher Residency Program by joining us at a virtual information session. Our next two information sessions will take place on:
- Thursday, April 8th from 4:00-5:15pm
- Thursday, April 22nd from 4:00-5:15pm
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.