Teacher Research and Knowledge: A Celebration of Writing and Literacy
Posted by Philadelphia Writing Project on August 27, 2018
Join local educators for a day of learning, reflection, and joy as we share promising practices for supporting writing and literacy among young people!
Teacher Research and Knowledge: A Celebration of Writing and Literacy is an annual one-day conference presented by and for Philadelphia educators.
Join local educators for a day of learning, reflection, and joy as we share promising practices and resources for supporting writing and literacy among young people!
This year’s conference will focus on teacher research and knowledge and the relationship between theory and practice. The conference is hosted by the Philadelphia Writing Project in partnership with the Teachers Institute of Philadelphia (TIP), Mighty Writers, and PennGSE’s Reading/Writing/Literacy, Penn Literacy Network, and Urban Teacher Apprenticeship Program.
- James Forman, Jr., Pulitzer Prize Winning Author, Locking Up Our Own
- Matt Kay, Science Leadership Academy, Teacher and Author of Not Light, But Fire
- Educators who contributed to Repositioning Educational Leadership
Featured Workshops and Roundtables
- Reading is Writing: Student Success through “Kid Writing”
- Poetry Inside Out: The Art of Translation
- Teaching with Primary Sources: Inquiries from Summer Institute
- Partnering with Youth and Families: Action through Literacy led by Penn GSE authors Gerald Campano and María Paula Ghiso
- Penn Literacy Network: Resilience and Literacy
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2018 | 8AM – 4PM | HOUSTON HALL, UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA | 3417 SPRUCE ST., PHILADELPHIA, PA
Fee:$20 | Act 48 credit available
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- PA STEM Coalition Meeting: Environmental Education and Education for Sustainability Panel Discussion – Nov 4
- Collaborating Across the Aisle: Supporting Students As They Transition from High School to College Classroom – Nov 19
- Lunch & Learn on Equity in Our Community – Nov 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.