Teacher Professional Development: Preview of NEW Virtual Passport Day Series, Penn Museum – Sep 18
Posted by Penn Museum on September 14, 2021
Are you thinking about ways to plan fun virtual adventures for your learners this year? Let the Penn Museum do the planning with our 2021-2022 Virtual Passport Days Series! Each Virtual Passport theme day includes two 45-minute live virtual sessions, access to a digital classroom with resources to extend learning, and a stamped Virtual Passport worksheet to track your virtual travels throughout the year!
Participants will be asked to step into the role of traveling learner while we:
- Walk through the virtual event structure that learners will experience (two live virtual sessions.)
- Explore and discuss how to use the curated resources in our digital classroom
- Review the program materials, student take-aways, and connection logistics
- Learn more about ancient and world cultures through live interactive workshops and hands-on making activities.
This free workshop is recommended for teachers in grades K-6.
Date and Time: Saturday, September 18 – 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM EST (Virtual)
Act 48 credit is available for PA teachers.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Virtual Event: The Role of Black Philanthropy in Activism and Social Justice – Dec 14
- The Moral Case for Reparations – Dec 7
- Addressing Community Trauma: Real Stories of Trauma and Resilience (Part I) – Dec 9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.