Teacher in the Workplace
Posted by Philadelphia Education Fund on July 16, 2018
Teacher in the Workplace: McKinney Center and Johnson Controls
Connecting Philadelphia Educators to real-world STEM career pathways
The Philadelphia Education Fund, in partnership with Johnson Controls and Philadelphia Works, is looking for 25 passionate and dedicated educators to participate in an interactive summer professional development opportunity. Funded by Pennsylvania’s Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, this program is designed to inform educators about the skills and career opportunities that their students may encounter in the energy technology field.
Program Dates and Times:
- To be determined- Pre-Program Orientation
- July 27th, August 2nd, August 14th, August 16th- Externship with Johnson Controls
- September 2018- Professional Development Workshop
- December 2018- Peer-Sharing dinner
All participants that complete the program will receive:
- Act 48 and/or PQAS Credits,
- Enrollment in The School Collective
- A $300 gift card to purchase curriculum implementation materials and supplies
- This opportunity is open to all educators serving students in grades 6-12 in the City of Philadelphia. Both classroom teachers and other educators apply (such as career counselors, school administrators, museum educators, after school and out-of-school time program staff).
- Available for all listed program dates
- We will select participants based on availability and application details.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Participants will be notified by July 19th
Allysen Marks, M.S.Ed
Program Coordinator, McKinney Center for STEM Education
Philadelphia Education Fund
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- FACT Workshop: Unscripted Project: Improv for Families – Dec 16
- FACT Workshop: An Introduction to Trauma for Parents & Caregivers – Dec 16
- FACT Workshop: Life’s a Game: Navigating Life with Asthma in Mind – Dec 16
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.