Teacher, Grades 6 – 8 Math, Belmont Charter Network
Posted by Belmont Charter Network on October 19, 2021
What makes us unique? Belmont Charter Network equips students with the knowledge and skills to succeed wherever their talents, diligence, and heart take them. Serving as a network of community schools, we strive to ensure that each child is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged. We believe that teaching and learning should be joyful!
At Belmont Charter Middle School, we focus on respect, ownership, achievement and resilience. Here, we address each student’s specific needs through small group instruction.
The role of the Middle School Math Teacher is to plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary or secondary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential, in accordance with the mission and standards of Belmont Charter Network. Work is performed under the supervision of the Head of School. This position includes a signing bonus of up to $7,500.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Executive Director, ArtWell – Jun 1
- Maker Space and Technology Manager (Full-Time), The Workshop School
- Watershed Adaptation Corps, Drexel Univ. – May 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.