TDC Carnegie Classification Workshop
TDC Carnegie Classification Workshop at RVCC
With Lori Moog, Director of Service Learning and Community Outreach, Raritan Valley Community College & Verdis L. Robinson, National Director, The Democracy Commitment
When: Monday, April 9, 2018
Time: 10:00 am-3:00 pm ET
Where: Raritan Valley Community College, Conference Center, Branchburg, NJ
Cost: $50 for TDC and NJ/NY/PA State Campus Compact Members. $75 for non-members. ALL institution types are welcome.
This workshop will assist colleges that are planning to apply for the 2020 Carnegie classification, or are interested in what the process entails. The classification provides an established level of legitimacy, accountability, public recognition, and visibility. It can benefit your service learning and community engagement initiatives as well as help you gain recognition for your efforts. Learn about the application process and get tips from classified colleges to leverage the classification for curriculum and program improvement, institutional benchmarking, and assessment. The workshop will address preparation for both first-time applicants and campuses that are re-classifying (those classified in 2010). The workshop will include:
· breakfast & lunch
· an orientation to both the classification and re-classification frameworks
· an overview of the 2020 process
· additions and changes to the documentation framework
· review of the documentation framework and complete application
· strategies that have been effective for successful application
Institutions intending to apply for the 2020 classification must register by July 1, 2018, so this session will be particularly timely. Carnegie is especially eager for more community colleges to apply during the 2020 classification period. This event is co-sponsored by the Campus Compacts of NJ, NY, and PA.
Registration is now open. Click HERE to register.
Contact TDC National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Call for Proposals: Pathways to Achieving Civic Engagement (PACE) Conference – Nov 16
- Call for Proposals: CSNAP Student Conference – Oct 13
- Call for Proposals: ASPA Virtual 2023 Annual Conference – Nov 4
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.