Sustainable Communities Awards Program
Posted by on April 30, 2007
The Sustainable Communities Awards Program
The Sustainable Communities Awards Program recognizes outstanding urban, suburban, and rural counties whose innovative collaborations are leading the effort to create sustainable communities through economic enhancement, environmental stewardship, and social responsibility. The first Awards Program took place in 1999 and with the exception of 2003 has occurred every two years since then. Applications are currently being accepted for 2007.
Award winners and their partners receive on behalf of their communities:
* A hand-crafted, engraved crystal sculpture featuring the Center logo suitable for public display as a symbol of the community?s award
* $10,000 to one Platinum Innovation Award Winner and $5,000 each to up to three Outstanding Practices Award Recipients
* Press releases and national media attention generated by NACo to publicize the achievements of the partnerships
* Recognition at an awards ceremony featuring leaders from congress, the private sector, and local government.
* Inclusion in a best practices publication that will be submitted to the Administration, the Cabinet, & Congress.
* Profiles of winning projects published in CountyNews, the news publication of NACo.
* Descriptions of winning projects featured on the Center?s website.
2007 Applications are due May 11th
Click on link at bottom of page to download the application, or contact Casey Dillon at email@example.com or 202-942-4243 to have a hard copy mailed to you.
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Social Justice litigation grants – Aug 1
- Fund for Workforce Equity – Jul 31
- New Jersey Health Initiatives Program – Jul 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.