Sustainability in Higher Education Awards
Posted by on July 28, 2006
The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) is pleased to announce its first North American sustainability achievement awards, to be presented at AASHE 2006: "The Role of Higher Education in Creating a Sustainable World," which will be held at Arizona State University, Oct. 4-6. (<a href="http://www.aashe.org/conference">http://www.aashe.org/conference</a>)
Campus Sustainability Achievement Awards will be given to institutions that have made the greatest overall commitment to sustainability in their category, as demonstrated in their governance, academics, operations, and community outreach. Any college or university in the US and Canada may apply – there is no requirement for membership in AASHE. One award will be given in each of these categories:
1. Community colleges and other two-year institutions;
2. Four-year and graduate institutions under 1,000 student FTE
3. Four-year and graduate institutions with 1,001 – 10,000 student FTE
4. Four-year and graduate institutions over 10,000 student FTE
A Student Sustainability Achievement Award will be given to an undergraduate student from an AASHE member institution who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in promoting campus sustainability. The Award includes $750 in cash as well as free registration for the conference. Any undergraduate student enrolled at an AASHE member institution in the U.S. or Canada who has played a leadership role in implementing campus sustainability is eligible for this award.
Applications for both awards are due by August 18, 2006. For details please see <a href="http://www.aashe.org/conference/awards.php">http://www.aashe.org/conference/awards.php</a>
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: AmeriCorps NCCC: A to Z – Jul 12
- White House Announces Launch of National Partnership for Student Success
- Webinar: Success Beyond Completion: How Can We Best Measure Student Outcomes? – Jul 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.