Survey Researchers (Part-Time), Penn State Abington
Posted by Penn State Abington on August 9, 2022
The Pennsylvania State University Abington Campus is searching for up to eight (8) part-time Survey Researchers for a research project at Bartram’s Garden in southwest Philadelphia. The survey researcher will be responsible for collection of visitor surveys, park condition assessments and behavioral observations in and around Bartram’s Garden and Bartram’s mile trail area. Data collection will occur between August 1, 2022 and October 15, 2022. Shifts are 5 hour in length and would be from 8a-1p, 12p-5p or 3p-8p. Shifts are available every day of the week with weekend and evening hours preferred. Hourly wages for this position are $18/hour.
- Conduct in-park surveys, systematic observations, and environmental assessments with the public
- Provide weekly updates, reports, and materials to Study Coordinator
- Communicate regularly with fellow research team members and Study Coordinator to ensure proper data collection protocol and full coverage of job hours
- Maintain study equipment (e.g., iPad) and report issues to Study Coordinator
- Keep detailed records of data collection activities and schedule of work
- Timely completion of job responsibilities and taking initiative to resolve problems
- Proficiency with tablet hardware (iPad); training will be provided
- Ability to understand and follow complex data collection protocols
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Must have reliable means of transportation to Bartram’s Garden
- Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Willingness to establish rapport and conduct interviews with park users
- Must have a flexible schedule including the ability to work weekdays, weekends and/or holidays; mornings, afternoons, and/or early evenings
- Previous research or data collection experience preferred
Preference will be given to individuals who are representative of South Philadelphia’s diverse user population and applicants who have existing or prior professional relationships with Penn State Abington or its partners on this project (Bartram’s Garden and William Penn Foundation).
- Policy Coordinator, Youth Sentencing & Reentry Project – Aug 29
- Data Coordinator, Netter Center for Community Partnerships
- Education Director, Puentes de Salud
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.