Survey of STEM Programs in Philly
Posted by Philadelphia Math + Science Coalition on November 2, 2015
STEMcityPHL, US2020, and The Math + Science Coalition are creating a STEM asset map, gap analysis, and STEM program directory. The purpose of the gap analysis is to inventory local STEM education programs, pinpoint areas of need, and recommend investments where there are fewer resources. The Directory will help students, families, communities, and practitioners identify and access existing programs.
For the purpose of these activities, a STEM education program:
- Focuses primarily or exclusively on science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics.
- Targets Philadelphia children and youth in grades K-12 (or any age range therein).
- Takes place in school or out-of-school.
- Takes place onsite or travels to groups of students.
Please take approximately 10-15 minutes to compete our online survey. Note:
- We are interested in program-level information. If your organization offers more than one STEM education program, we will ask that you/your organization complete multiple surveys.
- If your program is offered at multiple sites, you will have the option of completing one or more than one survey.
- Some questions may be difficult to answer (such as the demographic composition of your participants). We are interested in your best estimates.
Responses receive by November 17 be entered into a drawing for a special incentive.
We encourage you to share the survey with others inside and outside of your organization, so that our inventory is as complete as possible. Apologies if you receive this survey more than once. For questions, please contact Kendrick Davis at Kendrick.Davis@Phila.gov
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Online Event: The State of Youth Mental Health – Aug 17
- Help Update the Digital Literacy Asset Map for PA
- Webinar to Share Lessons From College-Readiness Model – Aug 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.