Supporting Families and Young Children: Current Trends in Home Visiting
Join United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ) for a discussion about Home Visiting and the release of a new Child Trends report, “Snapshot of the Home Visiting System in Greater Philadelphia.” Get updates on Home Visiting advocacy and systems projects in our community. Network with other stakeholders who care about the well being of families and young children in our community.
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
1709 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia
On The Agenda:
- Research Findings and Recommendations: Lauren Supplee, Ph.D., Deputy Chief Operating Officer, Child Trends
- Remarks from the William Penn Foundation
Panel Discussion featuring:
- Sara B Kinsman, MD, Director of Maternal, Child & Family Health, Phila. Dept. of Public Health
- Joan Benso, President/CEO, Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children
- Joe Willard, Vice President for Policy, People’s Emergency Center
- Sara McCullough, Interim Vice President, Impact, UWGPSNJ, Moderator
Who should attend:
Policymakers, Home Visiting leaders and supervisors, Housing/Child Care/Food/Benefits Access/Health Care/Financial Literacy/Child Welfare and Other Family Serving Providers and Administrators, Funders, Advocates, Parents/Caregivers and Community Members.
Questions? Contact Shira Badanes at email@example.com.
Special thanks to the William Penn Foundation.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Keep Ya Head Up: Using Art to Inspire Peace – Aug 12
- Dollar & A Dream: Turning Your Vision Into a Reality – Aug 11
- Everything Is Love: Making Generational Changes to Our Health & Wellness – Aug 10
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.